Sunday, March 5, 2017

Dancing with heart problems


Advice to help you still dance with heart problems:

My first piece of advice would be to make sure to always have water. Water is essential to keep your body hydrated during class, rehersals, or auditions. Making sure you are hydrated can truly change your dance.
It can prevent many issues with your heart, muscles, and can prevent injury. For example, even though I drink plenty of water, during my dance I would always feel horrible chest pains/tightness, lightheadedness, muscle fatigue (etc). However I started to drink even more water, and noticed a change. Sometimes you feel like you are drinking enough, but settle for drinking more and you will notice that change.

Another point is food. (I'm not talking in terms of eating healthy but it really does help as well). Most people say to eat a light snack before your dance. However, for me, I ironicaly have to eat a whole lot I'd good before I dance. (haha) I can not survive on a 'small snack'. This is why I strongly recommend to do what is best for you only, take time to know what your body likes and doesn't like instead of going off of what other people say. You can deffinetly use others experience to help guide you with your own, but you must be sure it works for you.

My last piece of advice would be to do cardio excercizes (Don't push your self too hard). I noticed for me (and again everyone is different) doing some cardio excercizes on my own time really helped strengthen my very weak heart. I could do more in dance with out getting out of breath to easy, my energy didn't run out as fast, and I felt as though my muscular strength increased.

These are just my 3 tips speaking from my own experience. I have plenty of more, and will likely be doing a more in-depth part two.

Feel free to comment your own advice so everyone can try it out too! I would love to hear it.

Lastly, you should follow our Instaram below!
(@Ballet.for.brains)


No comments:

Post a Comment