Sunday, June 11, 2017

Book review: 1

Inside ballet technique: Valerie Grieg


Inside ballet technique is a book that discusses the technical executions of ballet, Valerie Grieg vanquishes many myths about what is proper and improper technique. She discusses the human body, such as the feet, the muscles, the nervous system, arms, the neck, the back and shoulders (etc). She mentions which muscle groups are needed to present a certain movement, since it can be very easily misunderstood. She includes what muscles should be used whilst turning out, doing an arabesque, leaping, turning and much more. She also touches apon stretching and strengthening your muscles out. There is much more to the book then what I am currently writing about. Thus, I do recommend it to and dancer, or someone wanting to learn about dance.




This book has taught me so much about the body and ballet. Most, if not all claims in the writings are supported by the study of human anatomy. It answered all of my questions, and it is a very educational read. It certainly was not a waist of my time. I have altered a few things about my technique because of this book changing my misunderstandings. She is a very realistic thinker and writer and she, in this book can change ones technique for the better.

All in all if someone were to ask me if I recommend it, it is a definite YES! Everyone, if you have not read it, I strongly suggest it!




Next book review: Taking flight (hope in a ballet shoe)

I hoped you took away from this even if it was a little bit!
Let us know in the comments if you are going to have a read on Valerie Griegs book. Thanks for reading this post.



We love  and engagement! As you can see we just strongly encourage you to leave a comment.




Be sure to follow our Instagram page! (@ballet.for.brains)


Hope to see to in the next post! Please to subscribe to our blog so you don't miss out!
As always, ti auguro una buona giornata e stay blessed. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment