Monday, June 26, 2017

I fell OFF stage?!? A little story time


We all have our embarrassing moments in dance. Whether on stage or in the studio, we make mistakes. No body is perfect, and that's alright, because perfect is boring. You probably already know where I'm getting at based on this title. And before you ask- yes it is possible to fall off the stage.

December 21st 2016- A wonderful Christmas show. During one lovely performance, we were to gracefully skip down the aisle and hand out a hand full of candy canes to the audience members. I thought it was a cute little touch, but to do this, us dancers had to cheerfully walk down those incredibly steep steps on the side of the stage. Quickly grab a bag of candy canes, and do our cute little business. I was worried about this before hand, because I'm incredibly clumsy and on top of that, those stairs were hard to get down.
And when the time comes, you know it, I fell. On the last step too. Isn't it crazy? Thus falling, my natural reaction was to jump back up and walk gracefully and happily down the isles. I bet my dance instructor was slapping his forehead at me. That, or he didn't notice. (Hoping it was the second one LOL!). It was so embarrassing for me and at the time it was a pretty dramatic event.
But now I'm pretty much amused at the memory, and happy that I didn't get hurt.

Lessons learned!!


Let us know in the comments if you had an embarrassing moment on stage. Thanks for reading this post.



We love  and engagement! As you can see we just strongly encourage you to leave a comment.




Be sure to follow our Instagram page! (@ballet.for.brains)


Hope to see to in the next post! Please to subscribe to our blog so you don't miss out!

No comments:

Post a Comment