Sunday, November 27, 2016

Unsupportive people


So, you don't know what to do. This lack of support is forcing you to give up. People around you won't give you a hand, and you feel that they kick you when you're already down. 

These are reasons why people can be unsupportive

1) They care for you too much. 
People can be worried about the choices you make. They look all the negatives (instead of the positives too). Then they will get worried without realising, that there's a risk in whatever you do whether it's ballet, or a doctor, a firefighter, judge, or anything. 

2) They are not open-minded enough. 
Everyone has a dream, but many are unfortunately too sacred and unopen-minded to go out and pursue those dreams. Don't be one of those. 

3) They're jealous or intimidated.
Ah, these aren't unsupportive people. They're just bullies. I never understood why people can be so hateful. (I can get jealous too) but I don't handle my jealousy with bitterness. Those bullies can't dim the light you have shining within unless you let them. So don't. keep your head up, and you'll be successful.

Things that you can do to deal with those pesky non-supporters

1) Have a talk. 
Now, I know that many believe talking doesn't resolve anything. However, it is better to start off with a small calm and respectful talk. Even if you know it's not going to work, because people tend to jump to plan D, instead of attempting plans A, B, & C.
Start off with plan A, and If plan A doesn't work, try plan B.

2) Become "independent".
 There's always a way. 
Is that ballet intensive way too expensive for you? Your family not happy with those prices? 
Well 
Get a job, pay for your own dance classes, if you really want it, work hard for it!
 Look for scholarships, I got a scholarship to a Ballet intensive in New York city. If I can do it with absolutely no support, you deffinetly can.


3) Look, there's ALWAYS something there for you. 

I always thought I'd never be the ballerina I am today, however, the universe had a plan for me. And the universe has a plan for you too. If money is an issue, you can find a small program thats way less than those expensive, competitive companies.
The universe had a plan for me. When I received that scholarship, I finally realized it. 
Though, my parents wernt all that happy for me. Some of my friends were happy. And those bullies, have absolutely no clue. (I like it that way) Being hateful gets you no where

4)Lastly, just remember, it's never too late.
This is pretty self explanatory, as it's never to late to dance ballet (or any dance). you can start at any age. Don't give up, keep trying!

Follow Us;


Instagram
Follow Marina on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/m.a_dancer/
Follow Amanda on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/amandakuznetsov/

No comments:

Post a Comment